The Holy Green Commonwealths of Barometria is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by The Voters with a fair hand, and notable for its rampant corporate plagiarism, hatred of cheese, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 2.419 billion Barometrians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, liberal, outspoken morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Copenhagen. The average income tax rate is 95.6%.
The thriving Barometrian economy, worth 256 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism. Average income is an impressive 106,103 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Older citizens lament over the loss of law and order, bars are packed at all hours, young people suspect their parents might be a little bit stupid, and visitors to Graffiti Warrens National Park are offered a complimentary tetanus vaccination. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Barometria's national animal is the Monster Hawk, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barometria was endorsed by The Dominion of KedaMoon.
- : Barometria was endorsed by The Counciled Republic of The Xolbarian Opposition.
- : Barometria's influence in Spiritus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Barometria's influence in Spiritus rose from "Unproven" to "Newcomer".
- : Barometria was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Barometria was endorsed by The People's Democratic Republic of Aletania.
- : Barometria was endorsed by The Spudtacular Matriarchy of Pulsroth.
- : Barometria endorsed The People's Republic of Moonpath.
- : Following new legislation in Barometria, visitors to Graffiti Warrens National Park are offered a complimentary tetanus vaccination.
- : Barometria was endorsed by The People's Republic of Moonpath.