The Dominion of Barfleur is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, avant-garde cinema, and irreverence towards religion. The cynical population of 445 million Barfleurians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small government prioritizes Defense, although Education and Healthcare are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Taha. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Barfleurian economy, worth 29.8 trillion kronor a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Information Technology. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 66,989 kronor, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
No one is quite sure what many government officials look like, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine, and fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds. Crime is well under control. Barfleur's national animal is the beaver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Armed Republic of The United Neo American Union.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The TEP Is Best P of Todd McCloud.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Mairorist Utopia of Greater Felter.
- : Barfleur was endorsed by The Principality of Kingdom of Pars.
- : Barfleur voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protection of Airspace".
- : Barfleur endorsed The Production State of Aleister.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Protectorate of Opossum Slayer.
- : Barfleur endorsed The Office Cowboy of Funkadelia.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, fistfighting vigilantes tend to suffer a lot of gunshot wounds.
- : Following new legislation in Barfleur, married couples must call each other "darling" or risk a fine.
Endorsements Received: 44 » Aelitia, A Slanted Black Stripe, H-Zhena, Fedele, Bachtendekuppen, Hizuru, Roissyland, Wiranath, Tim Stark, Rhealaliit, Tigerion, Janoobi Jazair, Taya Dust, BearStackof2015, Squid Ruinosa, Davelands, The Angel of Charity, Axdel, The Buckeye States, Someseni, Marrico, Thyaclinia, Brotherland, Am Echad, Free sovereign Soviet socialist republic, Pakitsk, Restoration of Eastern Kaiserreich, Ravendi, TheRuthenians, The Cult of the Great Cthulhu, Gorbastan, Astroa, Sadinata, Zukchiva, Roliganistan, VW53Aland, Kilkire, Aleister, Opossum Slayer, Funkadelia, Kingdom of Pars, Greater Felter, Todd McCloud, and The United Neo American Union.