The Republic of Baraye Joonam is a huge, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 642 million Baraye Joonamians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The tiny, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 7.8%.
The very strong Baraye Joonamian economy, worth 36.4 trillion baht a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Trout Farming. Average income is 56,657 baht, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 188,575 per year while the poor average 12,684, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Baraye Joonam's national animal is the fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Baraye Joonam's influence in Sentosa rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Baraye Joonam's influence in Sentosa rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Baraye Joonam resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Baraye Joonam's influence in Sentosa rose from "Zero" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Baraye Joonam relocated from Leucippus to Sentosa.
- : Baraye Joonam endorsed The Empire of Sototmursi.
- : Baraye Joonam was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Baraye Joonam altered its national flag.
- : Baraye Joonam applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Baraye Joonam relocated from JetPunk to Leucippus.