The Federal Republic of Bantan is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Fei Long with an even hand, and remarkable for its public floggings, fear of technology, and state-planned economy. The compassionate, humorless population of 2.561 billion Bantonians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mei Fong. The average income tax rate is 67.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Bantanian economy, worth 240 trillion yen a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Beef-Based Agriculture, Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 94,041 yen, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.1 times as much as the poorest.
Badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist, and beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Bantan's national animal is the horse, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Shamanism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bantan was endorsed by The Federal Republic of West Carlisten.
- : Bantan was endorsed by The People's Republic of Malonereich.
- : Bantan lost the endorsement of The All Inclusive Love and Pride of Jehenna.
- : Bantan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Sterilisation of Minors etc".
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, beating enemies to death with a baseball bat is legal if done within nine innings.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, in musicals everybody's a little bit racist.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, crime suspects are forced to submit to blood testing.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, badminton was recently banned due to 'unacceptable violence' inherent to the game.
- : Following new legislation in Bantan, the police motto is "to protect and not to serve".
- : Bantan endorsed The Weebs of Wehraboos.
Endorsements Received: 26 » Anachronolandia, Gecetesse, Astraee, Hanguk-Nippon, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Kiasu-ism, Qvait, The Tecorogan Federation, Marinho Islands, Aidenfieeld, Qawe, Rebel-topia, Abarri, Mapico, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Land Without Shrimp, Concrete Slab, Amerion, Barabarom, Erinor, Myur Arditt, Tsunamy, Aumeltopia, Wehraboos, Malonereich, and West Carlisten.