The People's Republic of Banabistan is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Milan Stojanovic with an iron fist, and renowned for its aversion to nipples, sprawling nuclear power plants, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 1.676 billion Banabistanis are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, with Industry, Defense, and Education also on the agenda, while Welfare and Social Policy are ignored. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Kaempfstok. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 16.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Banabistani economy, worth 306 trillion lire a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 182,979 lire, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 944,059 per year while the poor average 19,319, a ratio of 48.9 to 1.
The nation leads The North Pacific for unlikely accidents and truffle consumption, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools, Milan Stojanovic will only ring up foreign leaders if they agree to reverse the charges, and customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Banabistan's national animal is the dove, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is State Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, customs turn away those considered to have an unfavourable ethnicity.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, Milan Stojanovic will only ring up foreign leaders if they agree to reverse the charges.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, ethnic minorities are often refused admission to some of the nation's best schools.
- : Banabistan endorsed The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, the nation leads The North Pacific for unlikely accidents and truffle consumption.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, fighter pilots crash out of the air after failing to understand their foreign instruction manuals.
- : Banabistan was endorsed by The Absurd Memory of Ravendi.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, you can say what you like about the genocidal murderers that rule Banabistan but at least the trains run on time.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, stealing from a clothesline is a serious offence.
- : Following new legislation in Banabistan, the government has cut its subsidies for all special interest groups.
Endorsements Received: 178 » Fayyayid, El Fiji Grande, Alunya, Territorio di Nessuno, Notyoutopia, Corfad, Shin-Hachioji, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Ethnon, Loutsland, Acrabinnia, Great Bights Mum, Former English Colony, Omnistria, Koda-Land, Destructive Government Endorsing System, New Pruessen, GRANDE IMPERIO ORIENTAL PAGAO EUDUARDO, Test for a new hope, Elder Realms, Shadowrik, Napnomadia, Sinelona, Kasazzastan, Ikea Rike, Shibutani, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Maott, Federation Terra Australis, Torakuen, Sunto, Kwaj, Malta Comino Gozo, Black Templares, Wilkshire, Trillius, Joodey, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Makersaulache, Jasminlandia, New Bremerton, Dreadton, Sundred, Guer Aike, PlanetPunk, Frances Francis the First of France, Steampunk Ariel, Spartoptia, and 128 others.Constantinolia, Wineclaw, 1 very fast endotarter, Selfgradatude, Xentherida, Pasargad, Sil Dorsett, Amauri, Astrind, Aratani, Ibiscaton, Solidair, Cinnibar, Holy Oranz, Siwale, Viridiann, Abject Ludicrosity, Glurponia, Zumlandia, Moisus, Babacar, Bananaaaaa, Ostrolia, Kobagia, The Serdey Islands, British Pacific Islands, Steraz, SORT, Xzavia-Hjar, Subjugators, Egalico, Sockmanland, Wisconsota, Seenvorland, Haor Chall, Bearical, Lindsaystan, Elestrum, Penrith, Soviet Terran, Rkainjel, Runeda, Pallaith, Vincone Cae, Cuyan, Orado, Daiz, Great Javadwipa, Valhalla123, Juggernautilus, Tamgu, Zeternia, Concordare, The Tampa Bay Rays, New Octicarg, Lanterkint, Styrica, Newpromisedland, Dramanian, The Derpercratic Empire of Derpiness, Duerrlewang, Victoriaans Nederlands, Partax, McMasterdonia, Faircliff, General COE, The Stratosphere Islands, Votak Matim, Delmak, Fizban, Miruma, Orven, Guslantis, Solskjar, Ponantine, Sea Ghost, Racoda, Tellavinna, Nakayo, Yewbow, Calsolato, Ozstan, Impler, The Nation that will win Soops for 9003, Gnomewatchers, The Iron Lions, Potestasia, Loli County, Moubarakistan, Eteles, Avenged Sevenfoldia, Serendipita Martia, Universal State Formula, Neworva, Federalania, Clan Spaniel, New Lakemba, Lendara, Nothru Lerple, Prevaland, Altamonte, Wallachian People, Tachycardia, Xagill, PotatoFarmers, Angshire, United Kahndaq, Germanic Araya, Kranostav, Idumetala, Zecit, Yukti, New Holloway, Empy, Pazair, Phoeba, Daymonskinner, Dabarastan, United Anglo-America, Parmovand, Zyvetskistaahn, Afcon, Itallitopia, Vartaraxwess, Eravonia, East Akra, Lunr, and Ravendi.