The Republic of Bamgo is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Papa stalin with an even hand, and notable for its smutty television, compulsory military service, and infamous sell-swords. The hard-nosed, hard-working, devout population of 1.888 billion Bamgoans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Moscow. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Bamgoan economy, worth 222 trillion Grasses a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 117,743 Grasses, with the richest citizens earning 8.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government has declined to declare any particular religion as its 'official' one, tax revenue is often intercepted by international accountants before ever seeing the national treasury, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and the industries of Bamgo are coughing all the way to the bank. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bamgo's national animal is the Dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bamgo was endorsed by The Ancient Baptist Republic of New Waldensia.
- : Bamgo was endorsed by The Republic of Prodstrazka.
- : Bamgo voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Prohibit Private Prisons"".
- : Bamgo was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Bamgo was endorsed by The Republic of Furbish Islands.
- : Bamgo's influence in Federation of Conservative Nations rose from "Newcomer" to "Apprentice".
- : Bamgo was admitted to the World Assembly.
- : Bamgo applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Bamgo relocated from Osiris to Federation of Conservative Nations.
- : Bamgo was refounded in Osiris.