The Democratic Confederation of Balzaria is a colossal, genial nation, renowned for its complete lack of prisons, irreverence towards religion, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 7.13 billion Balzarians enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Balzarus. The average income tax rate is 83.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Balzarian economy, worth 402 trillion balzans a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology and Pizza Delivery. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 56,507 balzans, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills, and advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Balzaria's national animal is the wagtail, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balzaria was endorsed by The Republic of Beowulfe.
- : Balzaria was endorsed by The Principality of Brandenburg-Magdeburg.
- : Balzaria was endorsed by The Empire of Altmoras Prime.
- : Following new legislation in Balzaria, advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references.
- : Following new legislation in Balzaria, legislators work 24/7 due to an influx of single-issue bills.
- : Balzaria was reclassified from "Left-wing Utopia" to "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise".
- : Following new legislation in Balzaria, the government regularly publishes lengthy reports on its own excessive recordkeeping.
- : Following new legislation in Balzaria, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Balzaria, the endangered saltwater humpback wagtail is only seen in captivity programs.
- : Balzaria was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.
Endorsements Received: 85 » Notyoutopia, Vazali, Upper Portlandia, Ovsterland, Yaorozu, Valdr, Siwale, Sunto, Upper Sam Dodovi, Reannia, Empy, Kaschovia, Great Bights Mum, Alice Gardens, The Democratic Republic of Tomb, Holy Oranz, Bharathvarsh, Empire of the Dark Lords of the Sith, American MapleStory, Enosville, Sil Dorsett, Omicron Persei V111, Guslantis, Xentherida, HMS Unicorn, BouncyAbbeyKitty, Crodaria, The Rossinite Empire, Malta Comino Gozo, Pallaith, Northern Gala Arment Toustavo, Solestia, Shadowrik, ABC, Coemgen, Frances Francis the First of France, Pragmadonia, Arcadia of Kasterborous, PlanetPunk, Flooforia, Mercy Land, Kwaj, Amerian States, Vinantis, Selfgradatude, Xinchao, Sankami, General COE, SillyString, Moristia, and 35 others.Friently, Hong Kong Empire, Sheava Natia, Tharissus, Jenner-Kardash, South Grand Mountain, Necromonia, Lavanania, Shin-Hachioji, Ainsworth, Faxfleet, Kingdom of Space, Aenglaland, Cleoskye, Victoriaans Nederlands, Diodone, WE Empire, Barbarossistanian South Brasilistan, Auceorion, Anima Proxa, Kizja, New Lakemba, Religioncord, Zedeya, Lamexanope, McMasterdonia, Forunte, Marsh Castle, Maestros haven, Plembobria, Sheppey, Prevaland, Zemnaya Svoboda, Brandenburg-Magdeburg, and Beowulfe.