The Free Democracy of Ballotonia is a gargantuan, efficient nation, ruled by Ballo with a fair hand, and renowned for its deadly medical pandemics, multi-spousal wedding ceremonies, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, cheerful population of 30.671 billion Ballons live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Education, with Defense and Spirituality not funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Tulipolis. The average income tax rate is 2.0%.
The frighteningly efficient Ballotonian economy, worth a remarkable 8,804 trillion Levs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Gambling, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an amazing 287,059 Levs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
Space research funding has hit a recent high while several military bases are being closed down, the nation's official head of religious affairs is an atheist, euthanasia is legal, and the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy. Crime, especially youth-related, is all-pervasive, probably because of the absence of a police force. Ballotonia's national animal is the Penguin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to heavy metals seepage into national waterways, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ballotonia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Avoided.
- : Ballotonia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Ballotonia lodged a message on the Nederland Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Ballotonia, the Supreme Court vehemently protects civil rights and the right to privacy.
- : Ballotonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces"".
- : Ballotonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn The CAIN".
- : Ballotonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Right of Emigration"".
- : Ballotonia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Securing Nuclear Materials from dastardly Menaces".
- : Following new legislation in Ballotonia, euthanasia is legal.
- : Ballotonia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Compliance Commission".
Endorsements Received: None.