|Leader||Holy Emperor Lucious Schneider|
The Holy Empire of Balican is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by Holy Emperor Lucious Schneider with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, keen interest in outer space, and triple-decker prams. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 8.703 billion Balicaknights enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Mizule. The average income tax rate is 14.3%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Balicanian economy, worth a remarkable 1,446 trillion Dorns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 166,185 Dorns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.6 times as much as the poorest.
Holy Emperor Lucious Schneider is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government, several cabinet ministers have complained that Holy Emperor Lucious Schneider is giving them the evil eye, orientation videos remind rookie female politicians that slaps on the bottom are perfectly acceptable forms of communication, and the nation grinds to a halt for afternoon tea. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Balican's national animal is the Arctic wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balican's influence in Catholic rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Balican's influence in Catholic rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Balican's influence in Catholic rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Balican's influence in Catholic rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Balican relocated from United Group to Catholic.
- : Balican was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : The Theocracy of 13 Chinger dismissed Balican as Director of International Affairs of United Group.
- : Balican's influence in United Group rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Balican resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Balican's influence in United Group fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".