The Very Inactive of Balaslandia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Payton with an even hand, and notable for its digital currency, daily referendums, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, cynical population of 3.415 billion Balaslandians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Balaslandia. The average income tax rate is 36.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Balaslandian economy, worth 449 trillion Stars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 131,715 Stars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Attempted suicide is punishable by public hanging, lifelong celibates are surprised to receive government-issue condoms in the post, kids these days know how to throw a proper punch, and the Liberal Progressive and Progressive Liberal parties swear that they have totally different ideologies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Balaslandia's national animal is the Black Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is None.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Balaslandia's influence in First World Order rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Balaslandia's influence in First World Order rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Balaslandia's influence in First World Order rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Balaslandia lodged a message on the First World Order Regional Message Board.
- : Balaslandia relocated from The North Pacific to First World Order.
- : Balaslandia altered its national flag.
- : Balaslandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : Balaslandia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Balaslandia, the Liberal Progressive and Progressive Liberal parties swear that they have totally different ideologies.
- : Balaslandia was reclassified from "Father Knows Best State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".