The Democratic Republic of Bakeshi is a small, safe nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and absence of drug laws. The hard-working, democratic population of 20 million Bakeshians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 9.0%.
The Bakeshian economy, worth 1.11 trillion USDS a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Average income is 55,448 USDS, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
School lessons are constantly interrupted by 'teacher needs a break' time, euthanasia is legal, education and welfare spending are on the rise, and same-sex marriages are increasingly common. Crime is well under control. Bakeshi's national animal is the Narwhal, which can occasionally be seen avoiding garbage in the nation's murky oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Space Pirate Empire of New Briantown.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Shadowy Empire of Farengeto.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Swiftly Tilting Land of Tsunamy.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The 🐌🐚 Foreign Minister 🐚🐌 of Aumeltopia.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Federation of Oskyelion.
- : Bakeshi's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Commonwealth of United States of Vietnam.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Freedwanda.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Kingdom of Sedunn.
- : Bakeshi was endorsed by The Queendom of 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121.
Endorsements Received: 20 » Gebirgig Pfingstemeinde Land, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Beepee, Erinor, Volaworand, Bawkie, Luddinlande, Aidenfieeld, Paranoia, Hanguk-Nippon, Lififul, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Sedunn, Freedwanda, United States of Vietnam, Oskyelion, Aumeltopia, Tsunamy, Farengeto, and New Briantown.