The Republic of Bakartha is a huge, cultured nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 331 million Bakarthans are known throughout the region for their efficiency and work ethic, as well as their general suspicion of leisure.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Education, with Administration, Law & Order, and Welfare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Environment aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.2%.
The very strong Bakarthan economy, worth 21.4 trillion guilders a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Furniture Restoration. Average income is 64,631 guilders, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 217,140 per year while the poor average 14,268, a ratio of 15.2 to 1.
Advertisements read like science journal articles complete with extensive references, moonshine has made a resurgence, the government pours millions of guilders into rehabilitation programs annually, and droves of former desperados are applying to join the border police. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bakartha's national animal is the Direwolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bakartha's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Bakartha relocated from Balder to The West Pacific.
- : Bakartha was refounded in Balder.
- : Bakartha ceased to exist in The West Pacific.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The Empire of Nas Crustium.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The Meritocratic Kingdom of IndyCar Racing.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The Republic of Caprisun.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The 💕pink got heisted by Doge💕 of Apexiala.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The Galactic Sector of Grand Republic of the Sun.
- : Bakartha was endorsed by The Snarky Solar Observer of Bhang Bhang Duc.