The Free Land of Bai Stastann is a huge, safe nation, notable for its enslaved workforce, frequent executions, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed population of 746 million Bai Stastannians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 9.7%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Bai Stastannian economy, worth 56.8 trillion Iron tokens a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Tourism, Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Book Publishing. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 76,156 Iron tokens, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct, drunk drivers are sentenced to death, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, and the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Bai Stastann's national animal is the Shoebill stork, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bai Stastann was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, the country's population is reported with a margin of error of several billions.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, the nation's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, drunk drivers are sentenced to death.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, arbitrary election rules are considered sacrosanct.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, the police think a properly conducted criminal investigation is a real pain.
- : Bai Stastann was endorsed by The Confederacy of Chocholand.
- : Bai Stastann was endorsed by The People's Republic of Changolandia.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in Bai Stastann, in life full of care there is no time to stop and stare.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Beepee, Erinor, United States of Vietnam, Hanguk-Nippon, Aidenfieeld, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Luddinlande, Rebel-topia, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Si-topia, Barabarom, Awjan, Tsvetania, Anachronolandia, Transcostria, Quiescent, Xandev, Aumeltopia, Saciu, Kringalia, Farengeto, Sandaoguo, Lambdaland, Grouu, The Filippinas, Auphelia, Kroumos, Sedunn, Midand, Aywhyou, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Whimichy, Birdkeeper, Abarri, Darbor, Maletora, Akindom, Academy of Umbrellas, Wehraboos, The Dragon Enclave, Wyatonians, Qvait, The Brand New Salvatagard Republic, Drugged Monkeys, Pays de Loire, Ostanasia, Agalaesia, Churumduul, Tsunamy, and 2 others.Changolandia, and Chocholand.