The Republic of Bagatork is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 1.342 billion Bagatorkians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The tiny, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 7.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Bagatorkian economy, worth 67.5 trillion pesos a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 50,299 pesos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Military spending recently hit a new high, citizens are permitted to carry concealed handguns, the government tries to improve relations with hostile countries by sending gift baskets, and police officers often head to work wearing onesies and fluffy pink bunny-slippers. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control. Bagatork's national animal is the Griffin, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bagatork's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Bagatork lodged a message on the The East Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Bagatork relocated from Lazarus to The East Pacific.
- : Bagatork was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Bagatork ceased to exist in From The End.
- : Bagatork's influence in From The End rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Bagatork's influence in From The End fell from "Duckspeaker" to "Truckler".
- : Bagatork's influence in From The End rose from "Truckler" to "Duckspeaker".
- : Bagatork applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Bagatork's influence in From The End rose from "Vassal" to "Truckler".