The Queen's State of Bae Galapagos is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 10.1 billion Bae Galapagosians are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The medium-sized, moralistic government is primarily concerned with Law & Order, with Social Policy, Environment, and Industry also on the agenda, while Welfare and Spirituality are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 18.6%.
The very strong Bae Galapagosian economy, worth 406 trillion betales a year, is quite specialized and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Tourism, and Book Publishing. Average income is 40,250 betales, with the richest citizens earning 9.4 times as much as the poorest.
Nudity is frowned upon, voting is compulsory, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and the government awards prizes to television shows featuring stereotype-breaking minority roles. Crime is moderate, possibly because it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many regulations. Bae Galapagos's national animal is the deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in 0000 rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in 0000 rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in 0000 rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in 0000 rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Bae Galapagos relocated from Quito to 0000.
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in Quito rose from "Instigator" to "Enforcer".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in Quito rose from "Contender" to "Instigator".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in Quito rose from "Negotiator" to "Contender".
- : Bae Galapagos's influence in Quito fell from "Contender" to "Negotiator".
- : Bae Galapagos was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Zombified.