|Leader||the Chairman of the Council of the Realm|
|Faith||somewhat difficult to determine|
|Animal||most common animal in the realm|
The Realm of Backyard Sports is a colossal, safe nation, ruled by the Chairman of the Council of the Realm with an even hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, unlimited-speed roads, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic, devout population of 8.361 billion Backyard Sportsians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Metropolis. The average income tax rate is 67.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Backyard Sportsian economy, worth 726 trillion Credits a year, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Tourism. Average income is 86,925 Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.6 times as much as the poorest.
The Backyard Sports Automotive Racing Series draws millions of spectators annually while those near the tracks complain about the noise, small businesses are gobbled up almost daily by corporate giants, Backyard Sports's soft-touch approach to diplomacy has made it known as the 'push-over' of the region, and naturists are jailed regularly for indecent exposure. Crime is totally unknown. Backyard Sports's national animal is the most common animal in the realm, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is somewhat difficult to determine.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Backyard Sports was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Backyard Sports was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Backyard Sports's influence in Equestrian States fell from "Apprentice" to "Squire".
- : Backyard Sports's influence in Equestrian States fell from "Hermit" to "Apprentice".
- : Backyard Sports's influence in Equestrian States rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Backyard Sports was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth, Most Pacifist, and Most Cheerful Citizens and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments and Most Cultured.
- : Backyard Sports relocated from Osiris to Equestrian States.
- : Backyard Sports was refounded in Osiris.
- : Backyard Sports ceased to exist in Equestrian States.
- : Backyard Sports was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Cultured.