The Secular Irish Community of Baccalieu is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by President Beaver with an even hand, and remarkable for its unlimited-speed roads, anti-smoking policies, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.052 billion Baccalieuans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Elysium. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Baccalieuan economy, worth 181 trillion Gold Coins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 59,488 Gold Coins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one, cancer rates amongst the richest in society are inexplicably on the rise, and moonshine has made a resurgence. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Baccalieu's national animal is the Turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans, and its national religion is Agnosticism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Baccalieu, moonshine has made a resurgence.
- : Following new legislation in Baccalieu, cancer rates amongst the richest in society are inexplicably on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Baccalieu, the new coalition government has 99 problems and can't agree on how to fix one.
- : Following new legislation in Baccalieu, condos feature wall-mounted cages containing endangered animals.
- : Following new legislation in Baccalieu, in a baffling press conference President Beaver proudly dismantled a broken door.
- : Baccalieu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Baccalieu's influence in Texas rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Baccalieu's influence in Texas rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Baccalieu's influence in Texas rose from "Zero" to "Hatchling".
- : Baccalieu endorsed The Gigantic Frozen Igloo of Studly Penguins.
Endorsements Received: None.