The Frontier State of of Babenesia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Anak Golok with an even hand, and remarkable for its zero percent divorce rate, sprawling nuclear power plants, and devotion to social welfare. The hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 3.784 billion Babenesians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Triaga. The average income tax rate is 79.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Babenesian economy, worth 417 trillion Dulangas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 110,373 Dulangas, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Divorce is illegal, citizens are allowed to rise or fall based on their own merits, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Babenesia's national animal is the Triagarian Leopard, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Babenesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nudest.
- : Babenesia's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Babenesia's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Babenesia's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Babenesia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement, Most Rebellious Youth, and Highest Foreign Aid Spending and the Top 10% for Lowest Crime Rates and Highest Average Tax Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Babenesia, police conduct weekly raids looking for contraband cheeseburgers.
- : Babenesia was refounded in Osiris.
- : Babenesia ceased to exist.
- : Babenesia fell out of the world Top 10% for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Babenesia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Safest.