The Koloniale Rijk of Azurg is a colossal, cultured nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and rampant corporate plagiarism. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 6.612 billion Azurgans are free to succeed or fail in life on their own merits; the successful tend to enjoy an opulent (but moralistic) lifestyle, while the failures can be seen crowding out most jails.
The relatively small, corrupt, pro-business government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Merkeshausen. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 19.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Azurgian economy, worth 678 trillion Azurgan Shillings a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Gambling, Information Technology, and Retail. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an impressive 102,627 Azurgan Shillings, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 341,581 per year while the poor average 22,976, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Bike rage is all the rage, virtually all of the country's economic activity takes place in Merkeshausen, school uniforms are compulsory, and cleaners are very careful not to bump into the big red button on Leader's desk. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Azurg's national animal is the Cavia, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azurg's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Azurg's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Azurg's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Azurg's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Azurg altered its national flag.
- : Azurg was refounded in Balder.
- : Azurg ceased to exist in Lazarus.
- : Azurg was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Pro-Market.
- : Azurg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Azurg's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".