The Bannorn of Azcanta is a massive, cultured nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and zero percent divorce rate. The compassionate, cynical, devout population of 1.086 billion Azcantans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Leor. The average income tax rate is 15.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The Azcantan economy, worth 57.1 trillion kamas a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Woodchip Exports, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 52,610 kamas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation locks people up and tells them they're mad for compassion's sake, all the playground's a stage for Azcantan schoolchildren, punitive tariffs protect local industry, and agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Azcanta's national animal is the kiwi, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azcanta's influence in Latinoamerica Libre rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Following new legislation in Azcanta, agriculture is heavily subsidized by the government.
- : Following new legislation in Azcanta, punitive tariffs protect local industry.
- : Azcanta's influence in Latinoamerica Libre rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Azcanta's influence in Latinoamerica Libre rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Azcanta's influence in Latinoamerica Libre rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Azcanta lodged a message on the Latinoamerica Libre Regional Message Board.
- : Azcanta relocated from The Mob to Latinoamerica Libre.
- : Azcanta's influence in The Mob rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Azcanta's influence in The Mob rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".