The Republic of Azanjia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The compassionate, hard-working population of 200 million Azanjians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 12.8%.
The Azanjian economy, worth 6.88 trillion credits a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 34,392 credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
The nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, grocery store cereal aisles resemble a Piet Mondrian work, and kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles. Crime, especially youth-related, is relatively low. Azanjia's national animal is the Azanjian elephant, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Azanjia, kids are arrested at gunpoint for playing with toy rifles.
- : Azanjia was reclassified from "Left-Leaning College State" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Azanjia, grocery store cereal aisles resemble a Piet Mondrian work.
- : Following new legislation in Azanjia, same-sex marriages are increasingly common.
- : Following new legislation in Azanjia, the nation has opened its arms to an influx of refugees.
- : Azanjia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Azanjia's influence in Caer Sidi rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Azanjia altered its national flag.
- : Azanjia relocated from Osiris to Caer Sidi.
- : Azanjia was refounded in Osiris.