|Leader||President Heather Elke|
The Republic of Azania is a colossal, cultured nation, ruled by President Heather Elke with a fair hand, and remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants, smutty television, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 6.346 billion Azanians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded, outspoken morass — prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Healthcare are also considered important, while Defense receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lutèce. The average income tax rate is 96.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Azanian economy, worth 735 trillion rand a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is extremely specialized, is mostly made up of the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 115,852 rand, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
President Heather Elke's office has a newly installed Max-Man arcade game programmed by a 5th-grader, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life, and cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon. Crime is totally unknown. Azania's national animal is the horse, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azania was endorsed by The Irradiated Badlands of Drasnia.
- : Azania was endorsed by The Republic of New Ladavia.
- : Azania endorsed The Windowmakers of Window Land.
- : Azania was endorsed by The Windowmakers of Window Land.
- : Azania endorsed The Democratic Republic of Friendly Nations.
- : Azania was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Friendly Nations.
- : Following new legislation in Azania, cults that offer eternal life after death to those who follow a self-sacrificing saviour are frowned upon.
- : Following new legislation in Azania, the government is continually probing the galaxy in search of alien life.
- : Following new legislation in Azania, workers tend to schedule naps during all-hands meetings.
- : Azania was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans and Highest Poor Incomes.
Endorsements Received: 22 » Ransium, Ownzone, CANaLtiA, Turbeaux, Seagull, Uan aa Boa, Ruinenlust, Dwardossa, Dest Oritio, Palatamorphia, Atsvea, Ironic Remarks, Reannia, Blon Gre, Meropis, Feladria, Elvish Aressaria, Bagiona, Wantevolo, Window Land, New Ladavia, and Drasnia.