The East Trading Company of Azadliq is a colossal, orderly nation, ruled by Niel Yusef with an iron fist, and notable for its zero percent divorce rate, sprawling nuclear power plants, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless, devout population of 5.183 billion Azadliqi are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Spirituality. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Xequine. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 51.2%.
The frighteningly efficient Azadliqi economy, worth 909 trillion Euros a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Uranium Mining, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an impressive 175,428 Euros, but there is a large disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 759,624 per year while the poor average 25,747, a ratio of 29.5 to 1.
The navy is chrome-plating its battleships to prevent rust, cheap and tasteless vegetables flood the markets, the nation has a strict 'no marauding undead' law (Azadliq has found 1 easter egg), and the military maintains a fierce arsenal of 'Cure Missiles'. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Azadliq's national animal is the Sleeping Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Islam.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azadliq published "AOR: Legislative Security Act" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : The United States of Capital AL dismissed Azadliq as Consul of The Democratic Republic.
- : Azadliq's influence in The Democratic Republic rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Azadliq published "AOR: Election Act Revision" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Azadliq's influence in The Democratic Republic fell from "Vassal" to "Apprentice".
- : Azadliq was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Azadliq published "CA: Removal of Unreasonable Limitations Amendement" (Factbook: Legislation).
- : Azadliq ejected and banned Prozerania from The Democratic Republic.
- : Azadliq banned The Republic of Totally Not Federalist Unions from The Democratic Republic.
- : Azadliq ejected and banned Not america jbs puppet from The Democratic Republic.