The Telugu Republic of Azadeshia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Aadhiteja Ayyavari with an even hand, and renowned for its prohibition of alcohol, hatred of cheese, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate population of 2.803 billion Azadeshis have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Environment, Education, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bhagyanagaram. The average income tax rate is 82.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Azadeshian economy, worth 203 trillion Pagodas a year, is extremely specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 72,548 Pagodas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
The new national campaign exhorts men to "Show Some Class - Don't Sit On Your Ass", parents tell their children 'what a lovely mistake you turned out to be', throwing a sickie is a serious crime, and convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Azadeshia's national animal is the Chital Deer, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Hinduism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azadeshia's influence in India rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Azadeshia's influence in India rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Azadeshia's influence in India rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Azadeshia's influence in India rose from "Zero" to "Newcomer".
- : Azadeshia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Azadeshia relocated from Lazarus to India.
- : Azadeshia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Azadeshia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations, Most Advanced Public Transport, Safest, and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Azadeshia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Azadeshia altered its national flag.