The People's Republic of Axolotolstan is a large, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 72 million Axolotolstanians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Law & Order. The average income tax rate is 71.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The basket case Axolotolstanian economy, worth 712 billion Baht a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Cheese Exports industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Soda Sales, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 9,897 Baht, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller, organ donation is compulsory, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public, and collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Axolotolstan's national animal is the Axolotl, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Axolotolstan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Income Equality.
- : Axolotolstan's influence in The South Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Axolotolstan lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Axolotolstan published "We are axolotlstan" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Following new legislation in Axolotolstan, collisions between bicycles and carnival floats are on the rise.
- : Following new legislation in Axolotolstan, it is illegal to make racist remarks in public.
- : Axolotolstan was reclassified from "Liberal Democratic Socialists" to "Democratic Socialists".
- : Following new legislation in Axolotolstan, organ donation is compulsory.
- : Following new legislation in Axolotolstan, the latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller.
- : Axolotolstan was founded in The South Pacific.