The Rogue Nation of Axis Asteroid is a colossal, safe nation, notable for its ubiquitous missile silos, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 8.45 billion Axis Spacenoids are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Signa. The average income tax rate is 51.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Axis Asteroidian economy, worth a remarkable 1,078 trillion Dhabis a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Uranium Mining. Average income is an impressive 127,608 Dhabis, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
Axis Asteroid's navy has been named the scourge of the seven thousand seas, military pilots spend more time scraping feathers off their engines than flying their aircraft, the military will start wars with other nations on a lark, and Chekhov's guns are killing the entertainment budget. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Axis Asteroid's national animal is the Catgirl, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Madokaism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Axis Asteroid's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Axis Asteroid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Axis Asteroid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens and Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Axis Asteroid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Smartest Citizens.
- : Axis Asteroid was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates.
- : Axis Asteroid's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Axis Asteroid's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Axis Asteroid's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Axis Asteroid's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Axis Asteroid altered its national flag.