|Capital||City of Azur|
The Republic of Awjan is a huge, efficient nation, renowned for its soft-spoken computers, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 742 million Awjanians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The large, well-organized government prioritizes Education, although Administration, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City of Azur. The average income tax rate is 74.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Awjanian economy, worth 82.9 trillion Fsayiqs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Cheese Exports, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 111,736 Fsayiqs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities, and there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Awjan's national animal is the Wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Awjan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, there is no other place with more lab coats per square mile than former houses of worship.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, local mafias have a tough time disposing of dead snitches without catching the attention of recycling authorities.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, dubiously qualified East Lebatuckese doctors prescribe ice baths as a treatment for pneumonia.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, citizens are more concerned about voting for Big Brother contestants than politicians.
- : Awjan was reclassified from "Democratic Socialists" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Awjan was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Inclusive.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, bike rage is all the rage.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, "Mad Max: Returning Again to Barrydrome" is this year's unexpected summer blockbuster.
- : Following new legislation in Awjan, roadside walls are being built and mother nature is paying for it.
Endorsements Received: 156 » Erinor, Beepee, Kerlodia, Volaworand, Pencil Sharpeners 2, Anachronolandia, Tsvetania, Aidenfieeld, United States of Vietnam, Quiescent, Luddinlande, 073 039 109 032 080 111 112 112 121, Hanguk-Nippon, Tsunamy, USNE2018, Si-topia, Jaxon, The Solar System Scope, Curlyhoward, Ufask, Concrete Slab, Rebel-topia, Barabarom, Kyraxa, Nothanksbutseriously, Bai Stastann, Mona Landia, Noveos, Nova Montron, Sthalrim, Aywhyou, Linguiniland, Kiasu-ism, Nowa Europa, Saciu, Outer Utonixick Gollinican, New Briantown, Utondara, Techganet, Lotadia, Jehenna, Fighting Kawi Ninja, Japanese Federal Republic, Escevola, Crabius, The ColdWyvernian Undead, La Ascension, Centristvill, Native Inhabitants of Antarctica, Seliyan progressive Islands, and 106 others.The United Expanse, Theorin, GI-Land, Noire Denholm, Bod Wareenaland, Transcostria, Sedunn, A Frog Dimension, Floofoland, Holy Dominate, Wyatonians, Darakin, Grimsby town, Qilai, Sonnydesh, Cuuldere, Iristead, East Sakhlin, Vincent Field, Kholdan, Nusagi, FreeFishers, Upper Usok Valley, Choodox, East Asylla Pan, Dankstergrad, Aguatania, Paranoia, Virginia Free Republic, Aumeltopia, Atomic Garden, Phanama, Darbor, Soem, Xandev, Lorora3, Kringalia, Farengeto, Whimichy, Farrts, Direwolf1, Sandaoguo, Ariankido, Kandorith, SHAYTAN UKHIROSS, Expar Vallist, The Filippinas, Grouu, Kroumos, New Eneland, Towi Lamia, Midand, Illinoisan, The Libertarian Nation of Songrandine, Qvait, Shema Mitzvah, Transtemporal Shifts, Uncomfortable nooks and crannies, Qairus, Birdkeeper, Amerion, Bear Connors Paradiso, Lan Inton, A leftover country, Land Without Shrimp, Jaila, Fuso and Chunggu, Unidum, Nankyoku Tairiku, Yeldarbsland, Wimalia, Maletora, Salguod, The West Valley Mountains, Stoniamera, Draconians, Federated Kingdoms of Brittania, Mircea, Northbergen, Beluka, Jahass, Malkotistan, Republic Clovakh, Drystar, Ostanasia, The Dragon Enclave, United Weshickstine, Amutien, Daimonia, Lost Nation of Joy, Akindom, Wehraboos, Academy of Umbrellas, Dasko, West-Pacific States, San Anaben, Drugged Monkeys, The Canadian Republic Colonies, Slenrotros, Pays de Loire, Eliies, Agalaesia, Sesteran, Churumduul, Free Republic of Sonora, and Chocholand.