The Republic of Awhia is a huge, orderly nation, remarkable for its compulsory military service and devotion to social welfare. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 284 million Awhians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Welfare, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 28.5%.
The strong Awhian economy, worth 19.3 trillion Awhian Rupiahs a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Cheese Exports, Trout Farming, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 68,129 Awhian Rupiahs, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Propaganda and Partisanship 101 is a required class all political candidates must pass before being nominated by their chosen party, people who have never eaten chicken are told it tastes a bit like crocodile, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks, and earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Awhia's national animal is the Riau Tiger, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Awhia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Patriotic.
- : Awhia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Corrupt Governments.
- : Awhia was endorsed by The Nation that u should endorse of Apatosaurus II.
- : Awhia was endorsed by The Vibey Lands of The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes.
- : Awhia was endorsed by The Federation of Wefeichland.
- : Awhia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Awhia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry.
- : Awhia was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Zajier.
- : Following new legislation in Awhia, earthquake sirens are a leading cause of hearing loss.
- : Following new legislation in Awhia, it's best to decline if Leader offers to buy a round of drinks.
Endorsements Received: 28 » BBoss, My Nation, Allinburg, Songateri, Sulivannia, Ceace, Obets, United Democratic Night State, Emaha, Doctors Orvos, Petrosiania, Seprum, Provence Town, Ascoobis, Parenlord, Laidir, Linkers Sha, Moka Pamplemousses, Edstour Frons, Thaelle, Europan Union, Zuuri, Grand Abaco, The Earths people, Zajier, Wefeichland, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, and Apatosaurus II.