|Leader||people's democratic councils|
The Free Society of Awhaiti Kaiatu is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by people's democratic councils with a fair hand, and notable for its anti-smoking policies, rampant corporate plagiarism, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.959 billion Ngawhaitis are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous, liberal, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Manawhai. The average income tax rate is 82.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The strong Awhaiti Kaiatuan economy, worth 211 trillion Toas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, quite specialized black market in Information Technology, Tourism, and Trout Farming. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 71,415 Toas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Voter turnout for the election of the Junior Assistant for Non-Digital Media Strategies has been unsurprisingly low, Max Barry is this year's Miss Awhaiti Kaiatu, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps", and the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association. Crime is totally unknown. Awhaiti Kaiatu's national animal is the Moaka Bird, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Awhaiti Kaiatu, the government is a proud sponsor of the National Gaming Association.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Kingdom of Paplia.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu endorsed The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu endorsed The Great Forest of Ordand.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Grand Duchy of Rivienland.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Theocracy of Heidgaudr.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was endorsed by The Great Forest of Ordand.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.
- : Awhaiti Kaiatu voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Peaceful First Contact".
- : Following new legislation in Awhaiti Kaiatu, drill sergeants yell in the ears of bespectacled nerds in cybermilitary "reboot camps".
Endorsements Received: 25 » Window Land, Reannia, Turbeaux, Feladria, Cat-Herders United, Ransium, Wantevolo, Canaltia, Love and Nature, Ownzone, Novian Republics, Cheloboria, Appendia, Groenwald, Burkhai, Pen Blanityion, Atsvea, Lura, Hyon Delta, McClandia Doge 2, Anachronolandia, Ordand, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, and Paplia.