The Republic of Avonna is a gargantuan, genial nation, notable for its museums and concert halls, irreverence towards religion, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 10.38 billion Avonnans enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Freedom. The average income tax rate is 71.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Avonnan economy, worth 868 trillion bliths a year, is highly specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. Black market activity is rampant. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 83,681 bliths, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers, and stale 'yo mamma' insults have been replaced by 'your maternal DNA' insults. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, perhaps because of the country's complete lack of prisons. Avonna's national animal is the unicorn, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avonna was endorsed by The Suoɔᴉʇdǝɔǝp ǝʇoΛ of Overthinkers.
- : Avonna was endorsed by The PɐɹƃuᴉuǝpɐɹɐɥɐW of Nagaraningrad.
- : Avonna was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Following new legislation in Avonna, stale 'yo mamma' insults have been replaced by 'your maternal DNA' insults.
- : Following new legislation in Avonna, a sudden shout of "surprise!" does not herald a party for teachers.
- : Following new legislation in Avonna, any body part that can be cut off a person is no longer considered to be their property.
- : Following new legislation in Avonna, the mood of raunchy movies is often ruined by the sound of babies crying.
- : Following new legislation in Avonna, candidates make campaign speeches at the funerals of former rivals.
- : Avonna voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Recognition of the General Assembly".
- : Avonna voted for the World Assembly Resolution "World Assembly Border Policy".
Endorsements Received: 41 » Westwind, Pandaland II, Tropical Isles, Fujai, Psikuta, Greg Tucker, Sindria, Mathematania, Condonohia, Cro Magnon, Fuentana, Archonina, Kiensu, IndyCar Racing, Nas Crustium, Akshireuya, Anuubis, Giovanniland, Dilber, Hamburg Neo, Kittenlicious, Vlobbania, BIteland, Gryphonian Alliance, Greynne, Mediobogdum, Bhang Bhang Duc, Lodiberdade, Eastern Bahia, Wellington Bingbong, Mackieron, The Undivided, Weratt, Wickedly evil people, The North American Assembly, Santos-Dominius, Larxia, Zoran, Plarland Amex, Papercuts and Skittles, and Overthinkers.