The Commonwealth of Aviz Portugal is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by Isabella II with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, daily referendums, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 2.84 billion Portuguese hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lisbon. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 13.1%.
The strong Portuguese economy, worth 161 trillion escudoes a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Trout Farming. Average income is 56,793 escudoes, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 167,194 per year while the poor average 15,187, a ratio of 11.0 to 1.
Many in Aviz Portugal are born in the purple, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, Rooster sanctuaries have been taken over by hydraulic fracturing sites, and Roman Catholic has been named as Aviz Portugal's national religion. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Aviz Portugal's national animal is the Rooster, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Roman Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aviz Portugal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Aviz Portugal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Aviz Portugal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Aviz Portugal's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Aviz Portugal altered its national flag.
- : Aviz Portugal was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Aviz Portugal ceased to exist in Meillur.
- : Aviz Portugal changed its national faith to "Roman Catholic".
- : Following new legislation in Aviz Portugal, Roman Catholic has been named as Aviz Portugal's national religion.
- : Aviz Portugal's influence in Meillur rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".