|Leader||the Honorable Chairman|
The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, genial nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with a fair hand, and notable for its soft-spoken computers, free-roaming dinosaurs, and avant-garde cinema. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 26.679 billion Avioans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 99.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 5,331 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Information Technology. Average income is an impressive 199,851 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall, the government is seen to favor Catholics, and the family of the Honorable Chairman bite their thumbs at paparazzi intrusions. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the family of the Honorable Chairman bite their thumbs at paparazzi intrusions.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the government is seen to favor Catholics.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the national guard is mobilized whenever a mother gets separated from her child at the mall.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, human tissue is grown in vats as a delicacy as well as for transplants.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the country is rumored to be a Brancalandian puppet state.
- : Avios endorsed The Worker's State of Nikonistan.
- : Avios endorsed The People's Republic of Pakishta.
- : Avios endorsed The Soviet Union of Dylan Murdoch.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, everyone hates people who encourage hate.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, family isn't who you're born with but who you abandon in foreign countries.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Westnesia, Anarhic Morrowind, Amanor, Novopangaea, Illeron, Aspandastan, Kethania, Sevinland, Kdogistan, YugoslavUnion, Blaist Blaland, Free Socialistic States, Uinted Communist of Africa, Shadowlands Horde, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Dindrenzi, Liliumtopia, Socialised Capital, Pazakistan, Sahriastan, The Democratic Forces of Freedom, CommunistAnarchicDemocracy, United Nations of Earth Federation, Kanevria, The United Kindom under Socialist Rule, Silo Farm, Sodoran Alesia, Cassaracen, Kitchen Nation, Obirigrad, Bocajland, Glacialstaat, Trimotchi, Liberation and Solidarity, Prosperpeace, Complete Centrism, Queer AnComville, Vladisha, Creeporistan, Soviet Felines, Alangrad, Karl Marx jr, Adoriania, Che Triumphant, Pakishta, Nikonistan, and Dylan Murdoch.