The Communist Empire of Avios is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by the Honorable Chairman with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and aversion to nipples. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful, devout population of 25.095 billion Avioans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government prioritizes Education, although Environment, Welfare, and Industry are also considered important, while Administration receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Avios City. The average income tax rate is 99.3%.
The frighteningly efficient Aviosian economy, worth a remarkable 4,769 trillion Gelds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is an impressive 190,041 Gelds, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common, the government seizes all major gold finds, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly, and the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Avios's national animal is the White Pelican, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Christianity.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Avios was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the newly revamped army is so eager for action that it has trouble keeping the peace.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, relations with Dàguó have warmed from frosty to chilly.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the government seizes all major gold finds.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, community-designed sword prostheses are becoming dangerously common.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, people often get liposuction to reduce their air fares.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, nobody is allowed to stop the local daycare from reading Nietzsche to pre-schoolers.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Avios City Times is sold out.
- : Following new legislation in Avios, politicians tend to jump ship to whichever party is currently leading in the polls.
- : Avios endorsed The Democratic Republic of Nadhaza Reza.
Endorsements Received: 50 » Westnesia, Theophilon, Anarhic Morrowind, Rulcianada, Kerethia, Amanor, The Rising Stars, The Lotus Land, Novopangaea, Southern Portland, Illeron, Aspandastan, Kethania, Glorystan, Sevinland, Almanastan, Linnaeya, Vinnistan, Kdogistan, Worker and Kolkhoz, New Trotskyist Union, YugoslavUnion, Creeporistan, Herten, Blaist Blaland, Free Socialistic States, United Socialist Ecuador, Uinted Communist of Africa, MorganFreemanKarlMarxLand, Corlino, Rotputinoj, Socialist State United Kingdom, Kaloge, Shadowlands Horde, Torrellas, The Workers Union of Habsburg-Lorraine, Dindrenzi, Redend, Liliumtopia, Vochesh, Divitaen, The Byzantine Soviet, Agean Isles, La Bassa, Novoyevraziya, United Nations of Earth Federation, Caledonia and Anglia, Socialised Capital, Pazakistan, and Nadhaza Reza.