|Leader||First Marshal Horus|
The People's Republic of Averdeen is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by First Marshal Horus with an iron fist, and remarkable for its infamous sell-swords, state-planned economy, and keen interest in outer space. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 3.444 billion Avelinians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Champs Fleur. The average income tax rate is 87.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Avelinian economy, worth 342 trillion senariis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 99,523 senariis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Out-of-work basketball players loom over the unemployment line, the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons, truancy officers have a hard time catching children trained in advanced camouflage skills, and where there's a will there is usually a password manager. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Averdeen's national animal is the eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Averdeen's influence in Cog Nation rose from "Apprentice" to "Vassal".
- : Averdeen's influence in Cog Nation rose from "Squire" to "Apprentice".
- : Averdeen's influence in Cog Nation rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : Averdeen relocated from The Black Legion to Cog Nation.
- : Following new legislation in Averdeen, where there's a will there is usually a password manager.
- : Following new legislation in Averdeen, truancy officers have a hard time catching children trained in advanced camouflage skills.
- : Following new legislation in Averdeen, the military conducts 'training exercises' in prisons.
- : Averdeen published "Regions Invaded by the Black Legion" (Meta: Gameplay).
- : Averdeen relocated from Germanic slav allience to The Black Legion.
- : Averdeen's influence in Germanic slav allience rose from "Vassal" to "Hermit".
Endorsements Received: None.