The Federal Republic of AustralZealand is a massive, efficient nation, notable for its digital currency, triple-decker prams, and avowedly heterosexual populace. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.163 billion AustralZealandians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Wellington. The average income tax rate is 49.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient AustralZealandian economy, worth 114 trillion AustralZealand Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Woodchip Exports. Average income is 98,781 AustralZealand Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.7 times as much as the poorest.
A girl's success in life is often linked to her performance in beauty pageants, there has been a series of riots between local cannibals and health food advocates, citizens who don't recite the Pledge of AustralZealand at least three times a day are placed on a terrorist watch-list, and the nation is currently revamping its entire education system. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. AustralZealand's national animal is the AustralZealandian Wolf, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : AustralZealand resigned from the World Assembly.
- : AustralZealand's influence in Balder rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : AustralZealand was endorsed by The Ancient Nordics Lands of Solorni.
- : AustralZealand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : AustralZealand was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Blessed.
- : AustralZealand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : AustralZealand's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : AustralZealand's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : AustralZealand's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : AustralZealand's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".