The United Commonwealth of Ausinia is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Anthony Edi with an even hand, and remarkable for its state-planned economy, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 4.228 billion Ausinians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The large, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Meridian. The average income tax rate is 79.6%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Ausinian economy, worth 579 trillion Ausinian Dollars a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an impressive 137,046 Ausinian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Prenuptial contracts have replaced diamond rings in marriage proposals, only 'organics' are permitted to be citizens, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park, and there's sophisticated talk of revolution within the ever-expanding mining colonies. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Ausinia's national animal is the Red Fox, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ausinia's influence in Regionless rose from "Truckler" to "Handshaker".
- : Ausinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Ban on Forced Blood Sports".
- : Ausinia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Publishing Industry.
- : Following new legislation in Ausinia, there's sophisticated talk of revolution within the ever-expanding mining colonies.
- : Ausinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Military Identification Tag Act"".
- : Following new legislation in Ausinia, a faint smell of body odour can be detected at several miles' distance from the National Science Park.
- : Ausinia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Fair Arbitration Act".
- : Ausinia endorsed The Federation of Tadreodal.
- : Ausinia endorsed The Democratic Technocracy of Scientific Omniscience.
- : Ausinia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Standards On Police Accountability".