The Armed Republic of Auremenai is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Andrew Johnson with an iron fist, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 2.975 billion Auremenaians are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The medium-sized, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Prijedor. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.0%.
The powerhouse Auremenaian economy, worth 188 trillion rubles a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Retail, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Information Technology. Average income is 63,377 rubles, with the richest citizens earning 9.3 times as much as the poorest.
The internet has been placed under government control, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones, and the country is littered with broken homes. Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Auremenai's national animal is the eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Greek Mythology.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Auremenai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Retail Industry, Most Avoided, and Most Extreme.
- : Following new legislation in Auremenai, the country is littered with broken homes.
- : Auremenai was reclassified from "Iron Fist Consumerists" to "Corporate Police State".
- : Following new legislation in Auremenai, the hills are alive with the sound of ringtones.
- : Following new legislation in Auremenai, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
- : Following new legislation in Auremenai, the internet has been placed under government control.
- : Auremenai was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Auremenai, business meetings across the country are interrupted by the sound of squeaking whoopee-cushions.
- : Auremenai changed its national capital to "Prijedor", its faith to "Greek Mythology", and its leader to "Andrew Johnson".
- : Auremenai was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Insurance Industry.