|Animal||Aumburan White Bear|
The Democratic Republic of Aumbura is a huge, safe nation, notable for its state-planned economy, punitive income tax rates, and devotion to social welfare. The compassionate, democratic population of 281 million Aumburans love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Fischer. The average income tax rate is 67.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Aumburan economy, worth 18.2 trillion Velts a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector is led by the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. Average income is 64,749 Velts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel, and elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aumbura's national animal is the Aumburan White Bear, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aumbura voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Liberate Confederacy of Layem"".
- : Aumbura voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Crime Victims' Rights Act".
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, elite teams of assassins have been sent into Brasilistan.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, the nation's air missiles have killed thousands of Brasilistan military personnel.
- : Aumbura was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, five-year-olds who refuse to line up on command get gold stars.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, carpet bombing has decimated Brasilistan's landscape and population.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, older citizens lament over the loss of law and order.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, hostage-takers offer loyalty scheme points for prompt payment.
- : Following new legislation in Aumbura, teams of painters are converting road signs from horse lengths to kilometers.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Sylh Alanor, Typica, Junitaki-cho, Floofybit, Araine, Tiralta, Tovenia, Liphia, The Star Enpire, Aephony, Melenavenia, Duneraven, NEW VIJAYAPURA, Hoqeallistan, Nottinghaven, Talmon, Fel Vudos, Delta Vega IV, Stokolva, The Land Named Bob, Narwhal, Letargia, Adawu, Haibaria, Applemarsh, Polushia, Crialdenna, Far Anoglinlan, Grayk San, Nekhuser-Ra, Vikoland, Ladita, Porthosia, Inaros OPA, New Filippe, Ecologiania, Remnants of the Pacific, New Pi-Ramesses, Croonia, Crawnaft, Golden gateway, Nangka, Ressadina, Michis, Yondoria, Kaltea, Bobesville-Sholstine, and Eonenona.