The Confederacy of Auktopia is a huge, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, keen interest in outer space, and complete absence of social welfare. The hard-working, democratic population of 330 million Auktopians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, outspoken government prioritizes Education, although Public Transport, Healthcare, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 9.7%.
The thriving Auktopian economy, worth 19.1 trillion pounds a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Gambling industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Soda Sales, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 57,988 pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.9 times as much as the poorest.
The Auktopian Intelligence Agency relies on internet search engines to know what is happening overseas, stone wrist watches that weigh 20lb are the latest trend, motorway service stations often have a higher population than the hinterland villages that the roads lead to, and scavengers with burlap sacks and shovels skulk around graveyards. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Auktopia's national animal is the kiwi, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Auktopia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Auktopia ceased to exist in The South Pacific.
- : Auktopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Politically Apathetic Citizens.
- : Auktopia resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Auktopia was endorsed by The United Federated Empire of Techganet.
- : Auktopia was endorsed by The Confederacy of Zakure.
- : Auktopia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Pencil Sharpeners 2".
- : Auktopia lodged a message on the The South Pacific Regional Message Board.
- : Auktopia published "Welcome" (Meta: Reference).
- : Auktopia was endorsed by The Breakaway State of Green Sofia.