|Leader||Prime-Minister Aidan Schirmer|
|Animal||auchterlandish guardian dog|
The Federal Republic of Auchterland is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Prime-Minister Aidan Schirmer with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, daily referendums, and restrictive gun laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 8.673 billion auchterlanders hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Social Policy. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Schildhaven. The average income tax rate is 47.6%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong auchterlandish economy, worth 529 trillion marks a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Book Publishing industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Information Technology, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 61,064 marks, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Children are raised bilingual from an early age, political satirists and late night comedians weep as the government begins cleaning up its act, prime real estate is devoted to wind farms and solar energy generators, and the "Underwear of Women in Power" issue of The Schildhaven Times is sold out. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Auchterland's national animal is the auchterlandish guardian dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Auchterland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Auchterland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Auchterland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Auchterland's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Auchterland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Compassionate Citizens.
- : Auchterland was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Auchterland ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Auchterland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Nicest Citizens.
- : Auchterland's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Auchterland's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".