The Outback Paradise of Atopias is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jolly Swagman with a fair hand, and notable for its smutty television, complete lack of prisons, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.289 billion Atopians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Welfare, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Matilda. The average income tax rate is 61.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Atopiasian economy, worth 146 trillion Dollarydoos a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 113,890 Dollarydoos, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
The nation is devoted to world peas, there's some really clean windows in Atopiasian houses, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs, and citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers. Crime is totally unknown. Atopias's national animal is the Jumbuck, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Waltzing.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atopias was endorsed by The OCD Bicyclist of Wickedly evil people.
- : Atopias was endorsed by The Ancient Kingdom of Westwind.
- : Atopias was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Extensive Civil Rights and Most Inclusive and the Top 10% for Nudest.
- : Atopias was endorsed by The WA Minister Grey Wolf of Denieria.
- : Following new legislation in Atopias, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Atopias, animal liberationists receive government funding to break into animal research labs.
- : Following new legislation in Atopias, there's some really clean windows in Atopiasian houses.
- : Following new legislation in Atopias, the nation is devoted to world peas.
- : Atopias was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Extensive Public Healthcare.
- : Following new legislation in Atopias, organised sports are frowned upon as frivolous.
Endorsements Received: 17 » Yy4u, Mediobogdum, Dalimbar, The Holy Principality of Saint Mark, Fujai, Arkadia Universalis, Bran Astor, Gryphonian Alliance, NoHiceLand, Papercuts and Skittles, Alchera, Pandaland III, Cro Magnon, Meow-meow-mia, Denieria, Westwind, and Wickedly evil people.