The Federated states of Atlannia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Aelina Sekai with a fair hand, and renowned for its sprawling nuclear power plants, otherworldly petting zoo, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 18.581 billion Atlannians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The relatively small, liberal government prioritizes Education, with Social Policy, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Law & Order receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seryeilion. The average income tax rate is 31.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Atlannian economy, worth a remarkable 3,141 trillion Kirins a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 169,062 Kirins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.8 times as much as the poorest.
The government regularly hires contractors to construct high rise apartments, national parks have long lines of different gender-specific 'Porta-Pottys', museums stand half-empty as all foreign exhibits are returned to their countries of origin, and tampons are used as cheap fishing bobbers. Crime is totally unknown. Atlannia's national animal is the fanged gecko, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atlannia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.
- : Atlannia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Atlannia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Atlannia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth, the Top 5% for Most Secular, and the Top 10% for Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Atlannia's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Atlannia was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Atlannia ceased to exist in Balder.
- : Atlannia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Highest Food Quality.
- : Atlannia's influence in Balder rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Atlannia's influence in Balder rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".