|Leader||Calvin the I|
The Confederacy of AtlaeXXXVII is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Calvin the I with an iron fist, and notable for its public floggings, ubiquitous missile silos, and enforced nudity. The hard-nosed, cynical, humorless, devout population of 1.614 billion AtlaeXXXVIIians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Spirituality, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Thieves' Shrine. The average income tax rate is 26.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong AtlaeXXXVIIian economy, worth 90.8 trillion platinums a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, fairly diversified black market in Retail, Uranium Mining, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 56,259 platinums, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown, marine biology students are shocked to discover that a whale is a mammal, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Calvin the I's bedroom, and the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes. Crime is a problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. AtlaeXXXVII's national animal is the vulture, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution, and its national religion is Atlaeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : AtlaeXXXVII's influence in ATOMIC rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : AtlaeXXXVII relocated from Frozen Circle to ATOMIC.
- : The Protectorate of Daniamborpriseahlane Peninsula dismissed AtlaeXXXVII as Not Cat of The Kufkins.
- : AtlaeXXXVII was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXXVII, the working classes live and die on the fields of the farming communes.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXXVII, photographers can be found hiding behind the curtains in Calvin the I's bedroom.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXXVII, marine biology students are shocked to discover that a whale is a mammal.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXXVII, disadvantaged neighbourhoods have become no-go areas after sundown.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeXXXVII, newspapers and TV broadcasters are given a list of 'acceptable words'.
- : AtlaeXXXVII's influence in Frozen Circle rose from "Zero" to "Page".