|Leader||Calvin the I|
The Republic of AtlaeVI is a massive, orderly nation, ruled by Calvin the I with an iron fist, and remarkable for its soft-spoken computers, avowedly heterosexual populace, and free-roaming dinosaurs. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 2.634 billion AtlaeVIians are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The large, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Healthcare, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bern. The average income tax rate is 53.0%.
The thriving AtlaeVIian economy, worth 160 trillion deniers a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Uranium Mining, Beef-Based Agriculture, Furniture Restoration, and Information Technology. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 60,946 deniers, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.2 times as much as the poorest.
Consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison, and smoking is banned in public areas. Crime, especially youth-related, is a problem. AtlaeVI's national animal is the cobra, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Atlaeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : AtlaeVI's influence in ATOMIC rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : AtlaeVI was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Devout.
- : AtlaeVI relocated from Frozen Circle to ATOMIC.
- : AtlaeVI applied to join the World Assembly.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, smoking is banned in public areas.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, criminals lock themselves in their mums' basements to avoid prison.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, consumption of cat memes has skyrocketed.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, on-call doctors who check their pagers during movies are banned from cinemas for life.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeVI, careless Maxémon Trainers have been the cause of numerous search and rescue operations.