|Leader||Calvin the I|
The Republic of AtlaeIX is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Calvin the I with an even hand, and notable for its parental licensing program, keen interest in outer space, and state-planned economy. The hard-nosed, humorless, devout population of 3.459 billion AtlaeIXians are prohibited from doing almost everything except voting, which they do timidly and conservatively.
The large, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Khathelet. The average income tax rate is 54.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse AtlaeIXian economy, worth 326 trillion guilders a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 94,437 guilders, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order, edutainment video games are taking AtlaeIX's students to the next level, kids refer to anything below the neck as "the parts that shall not be named", and the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. AtlaeIX's national animal is the emu, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Atlaeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : AtlaeIX's influence in Frozen Circle rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : AtlaeIX relocated from Terra leon to Frozen Circle.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeIX, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeIX, kids refer to anything below the neck as "the parts that shall not be named".
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeIX, edutainment video games are taking AtlaeIX's students to the next level.
- : Following new legislation in AtlaeIX, recapturing giraffes is proving to be a tall order.
- : AtlaeIX resigned from the World Assembly.
- : AtlaeIX's influence in Terra leon rose from "Zero" to "Squire".
- : AtlaeIX was endorsed by The Allied States of Tea-11.
- : AtlaeIX relocated from Devide by Zero to Terra leon.