The Democratic Republic of Atalaia is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Tzeentch with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, free-roaming dinosaurs, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.426 billion Atalaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government prioritizes Education, with Industry, Administration, and Environment also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Defense aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atalaia City. The average income tax rate is 48.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Atalaian economy, worth 217 trillion Bitcoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 152,514 Bitcoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
No-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium, Atalaia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people", and games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting. Crime is totally unknown. Atalaia's national animal is the Heron, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, games of cops and robbers typically end in at least one fatal shooting.
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, public loudspeakers constantly tell citizens they are "happy people".
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, Atalaia's children are widely acknowledged as the most foul-mouthed in the region.
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium.
- : Atalaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Statement on the Nuclear Apocalypse".
- : Atalaia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Drug Decriminalization Act".
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, government buildings are being cleansed of anything that might have racist connotations.
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, the regional delicacy of chocolate bombes is deadlier than an unexploded bomb.
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, decongestants have replaced Bitcoins in street transactions.
- : Following new legislation in Atalaia, the government has declared its commitment to multilateralism.
Endorsements Received: 52 » Veterans Association, VW53Aland, The Three States of Fortuna, Pakitsk, Asendavia, A mean old man, Aquyia, Northern Celavon, Axdel, New Leganes, Debluu, Layngderfleethe, East Malaysia, ArenaC, Dragons Blood, Marrabuk, Staynes, Cacnesia, Dahom, Aivintis, North Bernia, Brotherland, Spiruvania, Dravida India, Greater New Cassandra, Eastern Alksearia, Hizuru, The Atlae Isles, Wallenburg, Quebec-and-Maritimes, In Insulam Autem Sanguis Et Magia, Edwardsport, Formaro, Shambho, Modra, Sandboxford, Nazarewycz, Squid Ruinosa, Cellar Doors, Nereua, Albrook, Rhealaliit, Canadian Technocrats, 3 14159265358979323846264, BearStackof2015, Enlil, Old Uppland, Auslivia, Kandorith, MikGonnia, and 2 others.Alemannian Empire, and Talakra.