|Leader||King William Stonebridge|
The Kingdom of Aswick is a gargantuan, safe nation, ruled by King William Stonebridge with an even hand, and renowned for its public floggings, ubiquitous missile silos, and compulsory military service. The compassionate, democratic population of 11.131 billion Aswickans are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Defense, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Winchester. The average income tax rate is 91.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Aswickian economy, worth a remarkable 1,285 trillion Aswickan Pounds a year, is highly specialized and led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 115,507 Aswickan Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
You're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence, politicians bribe ten-year-old geniuses to sit their aptitude tests, the new 'Who Wants To Be A Politician' election debate auditions are more popular than the debates themselves, and movement-triggered sensors mean that for every door that closes another one opens. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aswick's national animal is the Kangaroo, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments and the Top 10% for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Longest Average Lifespans.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Economic Output.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Subsidized Industry and the Top 10% for Most Efficient Economies and Highest Average Incomes.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Developed and the Top 10% for Largest Populations.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Nicest Citizens and Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Information Technology Sector.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Crime Rates, Most Compassionate Citizens, Largest Governments, and Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Aswick was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Scientifically Advanced.
Endorsements Received: None.