The Republic of Asuna 1 is a colossal, genial nation, remarkable for its pith helmet sales, complete lack of prisons, and public floggings. The compassionate, democratic population of 5.292 billion Asuna 1ians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Welfare. The average income tax rate is 18.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Asuna 1ian economy, worth 259 trillion Asuns a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Trout Farming, and Woodchip Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 49,123 Asuns, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Smoking is banned in public areas, science centers and state of the art laboratories are ubiquitous, history classes are mandatory for students, and Brasilistanis face layers of paperwork in a different language just to visit a doctor. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Asuna 1's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Asuna 1's influence in The Unity rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Asuna 1's influence in The Unity fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Asuna 1 resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Asuna 1's influence in The Unity rose from "Zero" to "Power".
- : Asuna 1 was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Asuna 1 was endorsed by The Republic of Ocean Bloom.
- : Asuna 1 endorsed The Republic of Ocean Bloom.
- : Asuna 1 relocated from The Rogue Nations Alliance to The Unity.
- : Asuna 1 altered its national flag.
- : Asuna 1 endorsed The Republic of Comlogical 1.