The Flaming Ball of Astrosun is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working population of 947 million Astrosunians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Education, Law & Order, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 18.9%.
The Astrosunian economy, worth 45.3 trillion rubles a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 47,854 rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.
The government regularly reassures citizens that there are no monsters under their beds, manual labourers must be willing to have cybernetic limbs to get a job, Astrosun has designated Astrosun City as its capital city, and Leader has just been declared ruler of Astrosun in an international press conference. Crime is well under control, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Astrosun's national animal is the dolphin.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astrosun's influence in Shinka rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Astrosun's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Minnow".
- : Astrosun relocated from The East Pacific to Shinka.
- : Astrosun relocated from The South Pacific to The East Pacific.
- : Astrosun relocated from The Embassy to The South Pacific.
- : Astrosun resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Astrosun voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Roavin".
- : Astrosun's influence in The Embassy fell from "Negotiator" to "Ambassador".
- : Astrosun voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Gay Panic defense Ban".
- : Astrosun's influence in The Embassy rose from "Ambassador" to "Negotiator".