The Hanging Lights of Astrayev is a massive, socially progressive nation, remarkable for its absence of drug laws. The democratic population of 1.276 billion Astrayevians are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government prioritizes Defense, although Welfare, Healthcare, and Administration are also considered important, while International Aid and Spirituality receive no funds. The average income tax rate is 11.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Astrayevian economy, worth 38.5 trillion francs a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Furniture Restoration industry, with major contributions from Uranium Mining, Pizza Delivery, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 30,165 francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The central politburo bears the fruits of everyone's labor. Crime is relatively low. Astrayev's national animal is the cow, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astrayev's influence in Americanada fell from "Hermit" to "Dominator".
- : Astrayev's influence in Americanada rose from "Zero" to "Hermit".
- : Astrayev relocated from Glass Gallows to Americanada.
- : Astrayev published "chess rounds :P" (Factbook: Culture).
- : Astrayev's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Astrayev's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
- : Astrayev's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Astrayev's influence in Glass Gallows rose from "Zero" to "Nipper".
- : Astrayev relocated from Carolingia to Glass Gallows.
- : Astrayev relocated from Europeia to Carolingia.