The Republic of Astotska is a massive, genial nation, ruled by President Oliver with a fair hand, and notable for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.672 billion Astotskans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Astotska City. The average income tax rate is 37.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The strong Astotskan economy, worth 102 trillion Astots a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Tourism. Average income is 61,450 Astots, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Devotion to God is only skin-deep, replacement organs are grown in vats, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly, and elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates. Crime is totally unknown. Astotska's national animal is the dog, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Astotska's influence in Democratic Socialist Assembly rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Astotska was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Popular Tourist Destinations.
- : Astotska was endorsed by The Kingdom of Absovenya.
- : Following new legislation in Astotska, elections have become procedural nightmares due to voters persistently rejecting candidates.
- : Astotska was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Civil Rights Lovefest".
- : Astotska was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Influential.
- : Following new legislation in Astotska, the government's official stance on religion is that it is so very silly.
- : Astotska was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : Following new legislation in Astotska, replacement organs are grown in vats.
- : Following new legislation in Astotska, devotion to God is only skin-deep.
Endorsements Received: 15 » Varavano, Maupedonia, Liossalde, AtlasBarfed, Venovica, Yousta, Ezechard, Small Potato, Silabar, Oh my god it is so hard to find a name, Veyoris, Talamia, Democratic Republic of Kohland, Dekks, and Absovenya.